White bean soup with pasta
- Source: https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7923697/white-bean-soup-with-pasta/
- Servings: 6
- Prep time: 00:15:00
- Cook time: 01:15:00
- Ready in: 01:30:00
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cups frozen mirepoix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz cannellini beans, rinsed
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1.5 cups frozen cut-leaf spinach
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Put large saucepan of water on to boil.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add mirepoix and cook, stirring until softened (~3 minutes)
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, crushed red pepper, and ground black pepper. Cook, stirring until fragrant (~1 minute).
- Add tomatoes and their juices, broth, and beans. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes break up (~10 minutes).
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 1 minute less than the package directions. Drain.
- Stir spinach into soup.
- Stir in pasta just before serving.